Hall of Fame
The NFFC Hall of Fame will be open for business in 2014 now that we’ve completed 10 full seasons of competition. The criteria will be at least 5 years of service by any NFFC player in any of our contest forms. Criteria for consideration in the Hall of Fame will include:
- Excellence through time in the NFFC main events.
- Consistency through time in the NFFC main events.
- Winning titles in the NFFC.
- Winning prize money in the NFFC.
- Excellence in several NFFC formats; consistency in multiple formats.
NFFC Hall of Fame members will be selected by NFFC officials with input from current NFFC members during the year of induction. A minimum of three NFFC players will be inducted in 2014 before Draft Day and an online Hall of Fame will be established with their accomplishments.
Here is an early list of folks who have rare accomplishments in the NFFC:
- Only one owner has won a Classic League title during 5 of our 10 years: Jules McLean (2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2013). Only one owner has won a total of 6 Classic League titles: Jared Danielsen (2009, 2012, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013). Also winning 4 Classic League titles since 2004 are: Stephen Jupinka (2005, 2011, 2011, 2012); Joseph Treffiletti (2005, 2007, 2010, 2011); Eddie Gillis (2004, 2008, 2011, 2013); and Matthew Bayley (2007, 2010, 2013, 2013).
- Tyson Siegele leads the way in the NFFC Primetime with 7 league titles, all of them coming over the last two seasons. Jared Danielsen follows with 6 Primetime league titles, while Chad Schroeder has 4 Primetime league titles and an Overall Primetime title. Chris Eibl has 3 Classic League titles and 3 Primetime league titles.
- Only two teams have won as many as FOUR Draft Champions league titles since 2004. The tag team of Mike Ferre and Darryl Lechniak won DC Classic league titles in 2004, 2005, 2007 and 2009, while also winning a Primetime DC League title in 2008. The tag team of Derek Anderson and Kyle Pope has also won four Classic Draft Champions League titles: in 2004, 2006 and two of them in 2007. Derek and Kyle also have won 3 Classic League titles and 2 Primetime league titles.
- Only Larry Schechter has won two NFFC Ultimate League titles: 2006 and 2009.
- Only Michael Edelman has won three NFFC Classic Auction League titles (2006, 2007, 2011).
- Nobody has won multiple national titles in the NFFC through our first 10 years. But Bill Strickler did win the NFFC Primetime in 2009 and he won our NFBC XII national championship in 2013. He’s our only multi-sport national champion and he did it both times in the 12-team format.